Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fire Evacuation Simulation

On Friday.. secretly someone told me that there will be a simulation for fire evacuation on Monday, but no one knew what time it might happen. I just inform them, there will be a BOD meeting around ten so make sure they do it after that.

On Monday.. March 15, 2010. Secretly again.. hehehe.. I heard it will happen after lunch.. around 3 o'clock. Since I know about this.. I carried my mobile at anytime & some cash in my pocket.. just in case I want to buy something down there.. :)

After lunch, when I was about ready to go to the restroom.. I saw one of my staff, with worried face, ran to tell her friends to go out from the building; and the rule.. by the stairs.

Opps.. in my mind: is it the time.. oh.. shoot.. I need to go to the restroom badly.. well it's only a simulation.. I better go first.. Can you imagine.. while people were so panic.. and I still thought about restroom.. well I need to.. I have to take care of my business to avoid my suffer.. hehehe..

Although I knew what actually happen, but I have to pretend.. "Mam.. don't you wanna bring your laptop..?" asked an office girl... "Na.. It's ok.. let's go down..!!" I answered.

I saw lots of worried faces while going down by the stairs.. some of them even brought their bag.. "Jen.. you don't bring your bag?" someone asked me.. "No.. No time to take it, I was from the restroom." I was trying to be a good actress.. qiqiqi..

That stairs.. seem so long & still tiring.. even after the second time. I remembered back then, in 1997, when there was an earthquake.. I also had to go down by the stairs, the different was.. back then.. I carried my 2nd baby in my tummy.. :D

Finally.. I landed safely in the ground floor.. with shaky-shaky feet.. hehehe.. Panic faces everywhere & wondering eyes looking for answer.. what actually happen. I was still being a good actress. They guided us to one place.. and when the mineral water were given to us.. then.. people figured out that was only a simulation.. ha..ha..ha..

How do they took it..? Not really sure.. but I knew for sure, they will have some story to talk about at least for couple days.

After a while, we have to go back to our place & so crowded; with cash in my pocket.. I decided to go to Dunkin Donat, across the building, first; to have some cold drink and guess what.. I was not the only one, some of them already there before me. Great..!!

What an experience ah; eventhough, I knew from the beginning it was only a simulation, but I already decided to participate.

Something that I hope it will never happen in a reality.. but at least I knew how it feel. Nothing to lose anyway.. although, the pain in my legs last for 3 days.. but no regret at all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me terribly much in my college assignment. Hats incorrect to you send, will look ahead in the direction of more cognate articles without delay as its sole of my pick topic to read.

JennyGozali said...

Thank you for your nice words... really appreciate it.. GBU :)

Anonymous said...

This is a excellent brief commentary I actually enjoyed it

As a final note , let me thank you for your patience with my English as (I am positive you have become aware this by now,), English is not my first tongue accordingly I am utilizing Google Translate to form out what to write down what I truly wish to say.

Anonymous said...

so." Idly his finger seemed to catch in a half open pamphlet, and he part, and offered opposition to Schemseddin's men; but that very XII. "There, in a temple built of ancient stone

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with you. I'm so glad to find out that I am not alone in saying this. I loved your blog post. Please, keep up the good writing.
imismhorb